send me a character and i’ll tell you:
- 2-4 songs that are probably on their iPod
- the one place they sometimes end up falling asleep — where they’re not supposed to
- the game they’d destroy everyone else at
- the emoticon they’d use most often
- what they act like when they haven’t had enough sleep
- their preferred hot beverage on really cold nights. or mornings. or whenever.
- how they like to comfort/care for themselves when they’re in a slump
- what they wanted to be when they grew up
- their favorite kind of weather
- thoughts on their singing voice (decent? terrible? soprano? alto?)
- how/what they like to draw or doodle
tbh i imagine Reed’s singing voice as somewhere between Bo Burnham’s and Brian Sella’s i can’t decide which one is closer
also btw sorry for spelling errors my computer is lagging like crazy
also my virtual keyboard has stopped working and i’m literally having to resort to copying and pasting c’s in when I need them so don’t be surprised if i miss one of those as well
sometimes when Reed and Jules are on a long car trip and Reed is having a rough time with it, Jules will put on Worship You by Vampire Weekend. This is mostly because everytime wiTHOUT FAIL it results in a competition to see who can actually sing all the lyrics in time without messing up and it always distracts Reed enough that he feels better.
- 2-4 songs that are probably on their iPod: this song completely unironically but also probably something like this
- the one place they sometimes end up falling asleep — where they’re not supposed to: god everywhere
- the game they’d destroy everyone else at: MARIO KART
- the emoticon they’d use most often: the whale
- what they act like when they haven’t had enough sleep: super cranky and probably off in search of snuggles or coffee
- their preferred hot beverage on really cold nights. or mornings. or whenever: i see him as a hot chocolate with BILLION marshmallows
- how they like to comfort/care for themselves when they’re in a slump: pranking everyone else or sulking
- what they wanted to be when they grew up: a basketball star but then he saw Space Jam so BASKETBALL IN SPACE
- their favorite kind of weather: sunny and bright
- thoughts on their singing voice (decent? terrible? soprano? alto?): fantastic falsetto voice but overall pretty nice tenor
- how/what they like to draw or doodle: super cool geometric designs that take up entire pages
said: 'i was unaware that there was an organized zombie crawl going on and i didn't realize you were in a costume and i screamed in your face because i truly thought i was facing a zombie invasion' au TRISTAN AND JO PLEASE
Jo had only looked down to rummage through her purse for three seconds, and suddenly the entire park had filled with zombies.
She stops dead in her tracks, whatever she had been looking for forgotten. She barely has time to process any of it before one is shuffling towards her, teeth bared and hands outstretched. Unable to think, she does the first two things that come to mind.
First, she screams louder than she ever has in her entire life. Second, she hits it as hard as she can with her bag, because oh totally, that’ll definitely kill the flesh-eating zombie.
The zombie stumbles back, holding his arm. “Shit, ow,” he says in a completely normal, vaguely irritated voice, and suddenly she is questioning her entire life. The walker looks up at her, wincing a bit. “That’s quite an arm you’ve got there.”
“Oh my God,” Jo says, as the realization of what’s actually happening here hit her. Her face burns red, and she covers it with her hands. The blood is fake, the zombies are fake, of course this is a zombie crawl and not the actual apocalypse! “Oh my God, I’m so sorry.”
There’s a slight pause, and then the totally-not-a-real-zombie in front of her laughs. She almost wishes the world really was ending. It would save her from the absolute mortification she was currently experiencing. “Sorry, did you actually think I was a real zombie?” he asks one he’d calmed down, and all she can do is nod and hope the Earth will split and swallow her up right then and there. That sends him into another bout of laughter, and she peeks through her fingers a bit to get a better look at him. He’s incredibly cute under all that gory makeup, and that just makes things worse. “I suppose that means I did a good job on the make-up.”
“I’m so sorry,” she says again, forcing herself to lower her hands. “I didn’t- I thought- I’m- I’m sorry.”
“No, no, honestly, it’s fine,” he said, holding up his hands. He smiles, and now he’s dripping with charm as well as fake blood. “Don’t worry about it. I’m Tristan, by the way. Not a zombie, promise. And you are?”
She didn’t know if it was possible to blush more, but she managed it. “Jo.”
ok but honestly Jules loves to steal Reed’s clothes. He’s accumulated quite a lot of shirts/sweaters/jackets and now Reed just kind of lets it happen.